Monday, July 12, 2010

Shoes for Beautiful Feet

When our youngest child was born, the doctor suggested that we purchase special shoes with a Thomas Heel for her. Examination had shown that her toes turned inward slightly, and these shoes were ideal to assist normal growth in her feet and legs. The Thomas Heel, higher on the inside of the foot, caused each foot to balance and supported the ankles and knees. These shoes were functional, sturdy high tops, but their overall appearance was not so beautiful.

As time went by and our daughter reached school age, it looked like the shoes had done the trick! She was excited to be able to purchase regular school shoes that mirrored what all the other girls were wearing.

It seems that the pain in my own knee right at this moment has triggered these little memories. I wonder if my daughter, and possibly my other children, inherited this foot problem from me….

While doing research through the Internet, I concluded that I should try some good arch supports to see if they might help. One thing I don’t want to do is load my body up with pain medicine, so I ordered arch supports and anticipate their arrival.

Our feet carry us everywhere and as such an important of our body, should be well looked after. People do many things to help their feet feel better and look nicer.

I am reminded, in the Bible, about “beautiful feet” that preach the Gospel.
You have beautiful feet if you are sharing Jesus with others. If your feet are shod with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace, you do not need to have a pulpit ministry. You can stand anywhere in those shoes and let your light shine for HIM.

Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, how beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

http://www.drbookspan.com/KneePainArticle.html
A Doctor writes an interesting article: Scroll down all the way to Knee Pain Fix (and do NOT click on any advertisements)

No comments: