I always mixed the sauce and spaghetti together so that the sauce would go further. I could not find my recipe, but this one is very close to the one I always made.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ( to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 can water in the tomato paste can
- 6 (8 ounce or 3 large) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (large) cans diced tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium to low heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.
- Pass the Parmesan.