Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pass the Germs Please



Children Kissing
courtesy photobucket.com
My little red headed Kindergarten, friend Bruce, with the cute freckles came over to my house after school one day to play in our driveway, as we dug, looked for rocks and bugs.

My parents were always affectionate and would hug and kiss in front of us children.

I said that to say this:  That day, my dad was viewing Bruce and me from the kitchen window and I called to Dad to watch us with our new game, Mama and Daddy.

“Look Daddy, look at us.” I called loudly.  “We are playing we are married.”  Then I grabbed Bruce and planted a big kiss on his mouth.

My dad opened the kitchen door and said, “Hazel, please come in the house for a minute, and Bruce can wait for you outside.”

Happily I entered the kitchen and my dad sat down so he could look into my face.

He said, “I don’t think your game is a very good idea and let me explain.”  He continued, “There are a lot of germs going around, and you can catch a bad cold or something worse from too much kissing.  It would be better if you did not play your game anymore.”

His explanation satisfied me so I told Bruce, “My dad said, we might get germs from kissing, so we won’t play that game any more.”

Actually I think Bruce was relieved.

In life some games might seem innocent enough, and many are above suspicion and just a game.  However there are games that could be life threatening.

If the game involves your body, you need to pay special attention to the Scripture that says,  
 
I Corinthians 6:19  What? Don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?

In the mean while, Kiss your spouse liberally, and do give kisses on the cheek to your children and even special friends.


 

2 comments:

Amy Jung said...

What a sweet story which also gives good advice! Blessings...

Floyd said...

Too funny! Your dad handled that so well! I don't think I would have been as wise and graceful as a dad!