Monday, October 3, 2011

Visiting Victory Christian Fellowship



image courtesy photobucket.com


I had to pray all the way to church today, as I asked the Lord to keep my heart soft and forgiving. Today was the first Sunday of the month and the church that I usually attend had asked me NOT to share any of my stories on communion Sunday.

image ourtesy photobucket.com

 I did understand, but never the less, I was a bit bent out of shape.

That was why I needed to pray.   I asked the Lord to take the kinks out of me!

Because I knew about a struggling young church in our city that is feeding their neighbors, giving out warm clothing to those in need and preaching a good gospel, I had decided to visit there today.


During their service, this church opens up for a time of prayer requests and also thanksgiving - - just like my church does; and I decided to share my story about Praying for Israel with them. Today was to be the declared day of prayer for Israel, so I knew this should fit in. 

After the service the Pastor told me how much he appreciated my story, because he is a big fan of Israel. I was glad I had visited today, and I will return again.

The song service was lively and meaningful and the people were friendly. As the minister taught from the book of Acts about Paul’s second missionary journey, I took notes.

Paul went first to the City of Corinth, which we could call sin city, a city similar to any town today.  Every form of evil and wickedness was present.  He had been called to the Gentiles, but it was interesting that he always went first to the Synagogue and would teach there.

Paul at all times used the Old Testament Scriptures to prove that Jesus was the Messiah.  Jesus is the one you are looking for, he told the Jews. It is only the Word of God that will touch the hearts of men and bring them to Christ.

It is not the keeping of rules but a relationship with Jesus that will save a person.  Careful living is important and we are to be examples to the world, but the gospel must be presented to change those we reach out to.

The Pastor emphasized the necessity of prayer first and also Bible study to prepare our hearts to be ready to witness. To allow our prayer life and God’s Word to change us as Christians into a powerhouse, so that we are ready to share Christ.

Paul ministered with the anointing as he taught and the Jews were offended.  Paul told them that he would turn to the Gentiles to minister to. Never the less, Paul could not help himself, because he kept returning to the Synagogue to teach and he won many Jews as well as Gentiles to the Lord.

One night as Paul was discouraged, he had a vision and God spoke to him, telling him not to fear but to be bold and not silent and continue to speak out about Jesus.

I believe we can use those same words given to Paul to remind ourselves when we are downcast; to Pray, to Study and to ask God for boldness as we reveal Jesus to our world.

This post was shared at: Spiritual Sunday and at Hear it on Sunday, use it on Monday. Please visit their sites for good words you will discover posted there by others.

Charlotte’s site: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2011/09/welcome-back_30.html

and at: Michelle’ site:
http://www.michellederusha.com/2011/10/hear-it-on-sunday-use-it-on-monday.html 

6 comments:

floyd said...

I'm glad God directed you to the other church to be a blessing and Word from HIm. Your boldness is an inspiration to me. God is honored with your obedience. Thanks Hazel...

Anonymous said...

Maybe the first of each month Hazel should become a 'visiting' Sunday. Glad you got to share. Vicki K

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time to "visit" permanently! LOL!

Misty said...

Love that you were able to visit and be a blessing to another church. God will always use us while comforting and confirming steps in our walk.

Blessings to you this week!

Charlotte said...

Sounds like you attended another good church. The preacher certainly gave good advice. I'm glad you were able to share with them.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Michelle DeRusha said...

So glad you were welcomed and encouraged to share your story, Hazel!