Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Seasons in Life



image courtesy photobucket.com

We check the milestones usually at each decade; some are more difficult to embrace than others.

At ten years old we believe we are big stuff! We have the world by its tail!

courtesy photobucket.com

Twenty takes us out of the teen age years. Time for serious thought.

Thirty is usually a tough and thorny mile stone and often a depressing Birthday to celebrate! We are expected to act more matured now!!

At age forty we can be 39 for the next ten years!

Fifty is the time AARP invites us to become a “Senior Citizen,” and often there are discounts allowed for certain pleasures.

Sixty is the time we approach retirement and (hopefully) expect to slow down a bit. However, I sought a new career at age 60 and embarked back into the world of business to work another 10 years.

Seventy is very close to the allotted time that God says he has given to us for our days. I have joked that possibly at this age, I may be officially considered an “old lady.” NO, said one of my friends at church, 70 is still young.

Eighty is a rather large number and I cautiously approach it. However in my spirit I am still young although my body does not always agree.

Some may reach 90 and even 100. Certainly, milestones indeed

The Bible tells us that as our days, so shall our strength be, and I am claiming that scripture for myself. Body, soul and Spirit !!

Long life to you all, and may you enjoy good health, happiness and the treasures of many friends and loved ones all of your Birthday celebrations.

This is an edited repost and is shared at One Word Carnival. The word is Seasons.
Please visit and view other excellent posts there: http://peterpollock.com/2011/10/season-blog-carnival/

7 comments:

Cris Ferreira said...

This year I will be 40. This could be scary for a single woman, but I am excited because God is doing some amazing things in my life, and I truly believe this is the beginning of a truly blessed season, the most fruitful so far in my life. That's what I pray for.
Beautiful post, Hazel, I loved it.

floyd said...

I think God has given you a "two for one" discount, you don't look, sound, act, or resemble anything close to that age. You must be half of that! We know God does miracles right?

Nice post Hazel, they're always blessings to me...

Anonymous said...

you are seasoned and spicy!

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Live long and prosper, Hazel! :D

By God's grace. : )

Pamela said...

I like what Samuel Ullman said, "Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."

This said, you're sure not old yet!

Sheila said...

I just finished reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray"...this post is a nice tonic to that dark tale.

Amy Nabors said...

Each season of life can be beautiful if we allow it. How wonderful that you have chosen to embrace the beauty of each season!