Friday, March 30, 2012

Apricot Bars


image courtesy photobucket.com

Every Friday there is a recipe sharing time at Ann Kroeker’s Food on Friday. One reason that I enjoy her site is the fact that she usually includes a story along with her recipe. Often I do the same, but this has been a crazy week for me. Tomorrow we say our formal Good Byes to my 100 year old mother as she is saying her joyful Hello’s to Jesus, and all those who went before her.

I am running out of my favorite recipes, so today I am sharing one from my daughter Nancy.

Apricot Bar Recipe

Chop in a food processor:

1 cup dried apricots
3/4 cup almonds
3/4 cup walnuts

Mix fruit and nuts with

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup wheat germ (or flax meal)
2/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons oil
Add enough juice (2 to 4 tablespoons) to make a thick batter.

Mix well and press into greased 8x8 square pan. Bake 30 minutes or until firm at 350 degrees. Cut into 12 bars, but leave in pan to cool. Later package the bars individually and store in freezer or keep in refrigerator.

Yields 12 bars at 220 calories per bar.


This post is linked with Ann Kroeker’s, Food on Fridays at http://annkroeker.com/
Do hop on over to her site and gather up some delicious and nutritious recipes.

If you have a True story please join with me on Tuesdays at:
“Tell Me A True Story”  http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hazel, you are so awesome to include wheat germ. My Mom used to put it in everything. I also love anything apricot!