Monday, October 18, 2010

Little Things That Make me Happy

Some silly little things still give me a thrill, for instance when I finally balance my check book, hurrah!!

Or observing the flowers I planted peek through, and begin to bud and bloom.

Working at my computer is of great satisfaction to me - - and to relax, I benefit from some of the online games, because they cause me to think and to exercise my mind.

Finding a genuine bargain, if at a local store, online, or at a yard sale is exciting to me.

I especially enjoy my dogs as they play, and they beg me to join in with a game of fetch.

My husband still enchantments me as I see him each day. He remains to me as the 20 year old man that I married 60 years ago, with only a few physical changes here and there.

A friend of mine has a list of over 100 things that bring her joy. From the sun rise, to the sun set, viewing the moon and the stars, and the first gentle rain. A babies smile, the smell of fresh bread baking. Her list goes on and on.

My mother would call this counting our blessings. Putting on paper the things that we are thankful for, that bring us a reason for happiness. It is also good to verbally share with others how much you love and appreciate them. Your voice of affection will cause them to be happy!

Happiness is a decision. We make a choice to find pleasure in all that we do and accomplish, even the chores of keeping a household together. Finding contentment and satisfaction in our work, rejoicing in our friends and family brings health to our bones!

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones.

If you have been guilty of complaining or grumbling about your daily activities, it would make life easier if you begin to view each day, as a blessing.

“This is the Day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Lest I forget, there is one more thing that delights and makes me happy, and that is when you lead a little child in the sinner’s prayer, and they receive Jesus into their heart.

Vicariously you experience their spark of new life and it is almost like you yourself are being born again at the same time as they encounter God.

Yes, serving Jesus makes me happy, and He brings me joy and pleasure in my day.

Psalms 144:15 Happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

No comments: