Tuesday, October 26, 2010

They will know you by your Walk

Mother helped me stuff my blond hair into a black stocking cap to which she had attached a black long pig tail made from some old nylon stockings.

She had sewed me a black and red pajama type costume to wear for Halloween, so I could be dressed as a Chinaman.

I knew no one would recognize me even without a mask, for I was truly disguised.

At school the teacher pretended she did not know who I was, and the parade at school was all in fun.

Later that evening at it turned dark, it was time for trick or treat. Dressed in my costume, my identity truly hidden, off I went to collect my goodies for the evening.

Some of our neighbors were gathered at the end of our block as I approached. I smiled, because I knew they would not know who I was. One of them exclaimed, “Who is that?”

I was happy!

One of the other neighbors said with a loud voice, “That is Hazel, even in the dark, I know it is her, because I can tell it is her - - by her walk.”

Isn’t that the way it is in life? Friends, family and loved ones are watching the way you walk. That is by your spiritual walk, your lifestyle, and your action.

Always remember that to some of your friends, “You are the best Christian that they know.”

Can people tell that you are following Jesus, as they observe your walk?

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.


John 8:12 Jesus spoke again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

No comments: