Friday, December 30, 2011

Buen and Mal


image courtesy photobucket.com

This is not my normal post, because things are bumpy on the road of life these days.

Today at Mom’s Assisted Living Home, we celebrated my mother’s 100th birthday along with some of her grandchildren and great grandchildren who traveled to be with us. Grandma Ruth enjoyed the cake but wondered who all these people were?? 

Our local TV station sent an interview person with a camera, and there was a short clip tonight on the 5 o’clock local news.

We returned to my daughter’s house and watched the TV report which was well done. Then we all went to our local café and I treated everyone to dinner, as we really did not want to cook.

Because this 100 year Birthday was a BIG day planned for all month, and my husband knew how busy I was, he informed me early this morning that he was running a fever between 102 and 104.

image courtesy photobucket
Robert had been up and down all night and was feeling pretty sick.

Already he had phoned our son-in-law who lives 4 miles from us, and asked if he could take him the 70 miles to our Kaiser Emergency Hospital.

All day they took tests and finally determined that he may have pneumonia. They plan on keeping him a couple of days for more observation. He phoned a few minutes ago and gave me a room number and he sounded pretty good.

Our son-in-law is spending the night in a hotel near by and with all the holiday bustle of traffic; we may need to play this by ear as far as my visits!

I have placed my husband in God’s hands, because I am helpless to do much of anything else. My trust is in the Lord.

As we look forward to the year 2012 there may possibly be a few bumpy roads ahead for some of us. For most of you, I trust your roads will be some what smooth.

Regardless, God is our shelter in the storm or our shade in the hot sun light.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hazel. I am praying for your husband and for you and your family. I pray that all pans out well and that health is restored. God bless
Tracy

Joan Hall said...

Hazel:

Praying for a speedy recovery for Robert. Tell him he has lots of folks praying out here in blogland.

Blessings for a Happy New Year!

Joan

floyd said...

I too am praying for your husband and entire family. You certainly have a great attitude, I'm taking notes...
Happy New Year Hazel!

caryjo said...

Man, you've had quite a challenging stretch of time. May our Dear Father pour His Hand and Heart over you and yours. Bless you.