Friday, September 17, 2010

Expectation

Every day, I excitedly watched for the mail. My package should arrive any day soon!

My children were small and I was in the habit of sewing simple clothes for them; but now I was ready to tackle something with buttons!!

A magazine advertisement had caught my eye. Five hundred assorted buttons, six each of every kind in a nice box. That sounded like a wonderful bargain, so I eagerly sent the company a check and anxiously waited for my buttons to arrive.

It seems silly to be so excited about a box of buttons, but I certainly was.

What made me think of this long ago incident is the fact that because I am house bound for a season, the internet has been very inviting.

Something comfortable to wear around the house was my intention, so I went on line to Blair.com !!

All the bargains amazed me, so I placed an order. Next they offered me a discount if I ordered more so I did. Oh what fun this was!

Now the waiting part!! Can you believe that I am so extremely excited about the arrival of those packages? They should arrive any day now!! Soon and very soon!!

I believe this attitude of being anxious is what the Lord expects from us, as we wait for the return of Jesus. We know the Bible promises that He will come back, but only the Father knows the exact day or the hour.

Because we do not know the exact day or the hour, we should at least be aware of the signs of the times.

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs - - upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

How excited we should be as we anxiously wait for Jesus to come back.

It is important to be ready for when He does come, for it will be so very quick. Just a blink of an eye; and all the Christians will rise to meet Jesus in the clouds.

Now, how excited is that? Will it be tomorrow? Only God knows.

Soon and Very Soon!

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

No comments: