Thursday, September 23, 2010

What I learned at EBay

Selling on EBay was a new experience for me.

I pulled up the forms on my computer, copied my information, and added the photo. Now I was ready to post my product.

What I failed to do was calculate the correct amount needed for postage.

My hopes were, that the item would bring the price I asked, and that would cover any extra shipping. There was a “Buy it Now” price, and that was what I expected to receive.

Another thing I over-looked, was it is good to have a certain “reserve” holding price, that the buyer must arrive at before I would let my item go. My item ended up in the auction section, with customers starting the bidding at 99 cents.

EBay notified me that my item had sold, but it was for a much smaller amount than I expected. The postage and the selling price was not enough to even cover my shipping cost.

When something like this happens in life, and you end up being the “looser” so to speak; it is time to cover your losses, and to keep your word and go on.

To me this was to be counted as a “Learning Experience.” (Not my first one sad to say.)

Yes, I sent the item to the buyer, and I was still stinging from the incident.

What I learned at EBay: I may never sell on EBay again!

Or at least next time I will count the cost.

Counting the cost is mentioned in the Bible. Research is needed to discover just how much serving God or NOT serving God will eventually cost.

The sad thing is to come up short at the end of life and not be allowed to enter Heaven.

The best thing is to count the cost now, and pay the price. The price is a full surrender of your will to His will.

It is a quality decision to serve God with all your Heart, and Soul and to begin today if you are not already living for Him.

Luke 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first, and count the cost, whether he will have sufficient to finish it?

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

No comments: