Tuesday, November 29, 2011

COME Just as You Are!



Many churches now days are more relaxed in their dress code.  Come as You are! All are welcome, many churches will say.

I was reminded of a time when I was in Junior High School.  Our group of campfire girls had decided to have a party and it was to be a “Come as you are party.”

The leader of our group was to telephone each girl and what ever they were wearing at the time of the call that was to be worn to the party.

Early on Saturday morning our telephone rang and someone at the other end asked for me. I realized this might be the call that I expected and rather hoped it was NOT.

I had just gotten out of bed, was still in my Pajamas, and slippers and my hair was not curled. I said to my-self, “This is a fine how do you do - - I am a mess !”

“Hello,” I said as I answered the phone. "Hi, this is Patsy, and we are calling everyone to let them know the party has been cancelled."

I was somewhat relieved, because I did not want to show up at a party dressed in my Pajamas. That would be terribly embarrassing!!

The Bible tells us that there is a time coming when Christ will return unannounced for His Saints. The trumpet will blow and all the believers will rise to meet the Lord Jesus.

This celebration will be a “COME AS YOU ARE” festivity.

For those who are not ready, there will NOT be time to change any spiritual clothing that may be dirty, soiled, torn or ugly. The Bible urges us to be prepared in our hearts because we do not know the day or the hour – Only the Father knows that time and it will be a surprise party.

The Holy Scriptures tell us to be clothed in the robe of His righteousness, the garment of Salvation, the garment of praise and to be living according to God’s plan for our lives.

These beautiful spiritual garments are what I desire to be wearing when Jesus returns.

How about you? When He calls and says, “COME just as you are,” will you be ready?

I truly hope so, and if not, now is the time to make those adjustments while it is yet day.

* * * * * * *
The invitation is out and Jesus says, "Come as You Are, and I will wash you in my blood that was shed for YOU, and I will make you clean.  You will not leave here the same way you came!"

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I want to be wearing heaven bound clothes! Vicki K

Lisa notes... said...

I love this, Hazel. Come as we are. So thankful for that!

Henry Neufeld said...

Yes, there are moments I wouldn't want to be called to "come as I am." Plenty of them, in fact!

Anonymous said...

hoped over to say Hi...Oh yes...I want to be found ready...clothed with His garment of praise...
Blessings to you...

floyd said...

That was a great analogy. We won't get a chance to change those ole' rags when He arrives. Seriously nice job. I've never heard it in those terms. I like it.

Carole in the UK said...

My goodness, what a simple story with a powerful message. We need this message
EVERY DAY

Your story reminded me of my dear Dad.
I remember as a teen, he would call me and I would just shout back, "I'm coming Dad!"
He would call again and I would say, "I'm coming Dad!"
I would carry on with what I was doing, hoping that by saying, I was coming, it would delay the situation. Dad would finally shout impatiently, "Stop your coming and come as your are, now!"

We must be ready when Jesus comes.

God Bless you and thank you for popping into The faith Lounge for spiritual refreshment.

Have a blessed day <><

Anonymous said...

nicely done... loved how you wove the two together... great reading... thanks

caryjo said...

Very good example... I wouldn't do the party thing very well, believe me ... and knowing that when my Lord returns [or takes me Home earlier], I'll be covered with His love and nothing else counts.

Shanda said...

I pray I walk and even sleep in my clothes so that I am always ready!

MikeSnow said...

I hope during this opportune Season, we will all seize the moment share the Story and say, "Come" to someone outside the box.

“…This is the peace of which the shepherds heard.
“Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace, goodwill toward men.”
…This peace offer still stands today. In the final invitation of the New Testament, it is offered to all:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

… Everyone who hears this should say, “Come!”
If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It’s free!

… Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.”

The conclusion from Oh Holy Night: The Peace of 1914

http://sdcougar.startlogic.com/blog/?p=155