Tell Me a True Story

TO VIEW MY TRUE STORY BLOG HOP - click HERE - "Tell Me a True Story.”

Sunday, June 26, 2011


image courtesy Photobucket

The dirty thick steam sloshed over my toes, splashed  to my knees,

Filth with blood and flesh, maggots, stench beyond belief,

Is this for real or am I in some sort of a horror-able dream?

Put out the fire for it blinds my eyes and intensifies my pain!

Where am I, who put me here?

Did I make a wrong turn back there?

I expected long life and never did I plan for this!

My hopes and dreams are all amiss.

Where is the day, or is there only this night?

How can I change this and make it all right?

Beyond the veil of tears is there a glint of hope and bliss?

My years are less than twenty and no one ever told me this!

At least that is not how it seemed to me!

More time, I must have more time, where can it be?

My eyes seem glued closed and I cannot view!

Open my eyes and tell me this is not true!

Why oh why did I not believe Words that were said,

Yes, I was too young to become one of the dead,

“Get right with God, for you never know the day or the hour.”

I laughed to myself, for I knew I was in power.

While there was time, I should have heeded the call,

“Receive Jesus,” they said, “serve Him for He is all in all.”

If this is a dream, I pray that I will awake,

For it will be that I will amend -- for my own and others sake!

Now I understand, now I believe,

May I change my mind and now may I leave?

If I could go back I would be a preacher of fame,

While it is yet day, accept the Lord Jesus Christ and believe on His Name!

Yes, I would preach loud and clear,

Destruction is ahead for those who refuse to hear!

This is one place I wish for no one else to go!

By all means, I shout it - - HELL NO !

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification - but too much spam lately.
If you are having trouble making a comment - select ANONYMOUS but please add your first name and initial of last name to the comment.